This item first appeared in our morning newsletter, which is delivered Monday through Saturday to more than 7,000 smart subscribers in the Charlotte area. You can become one of them.
According to a presentation shared by the county, Mecklenburg is now in the implementation stage of its Housing and Homelessness Strategy.
The presentation lists the following goals:
- address historical and structural inequities
- expand access and availability of inventory and resources
- coordinate systems to ensure they are easy to navigate
- change the system to sustain long-term impact.
On July 1, the county began its contract with United Way, with $777,938 allocated from the recently approved fiscal year 2023 budget.
Stay informed with news and events that impact Charlotte’s Black communities.
The next step is to begin recruitment for the technical committee and advisory council.
What do they do?
- Advisory council: Headed by the faith community and the corporate sector, the council will provide “guidance and direction” to improve community engagement.
- Technical Committee: Led by “subject matter experts,” the committee will offer feedback as the plan is developed and executed